The Davis Instruments 6466 AeroCone Rain Collector can be used as a stand-alone custom rain station or to replace an existing rain gauge for the Vantage Pro2 integrated sensor suite. The AeroCone rain collector reduces wind-induced errors by providing a more aerodynamic path around the collector. Its contours are designed to streamline the airflow and reduce flow distortions. The design improves rain data accuracy in high wind situations where the horizontal wind velocity can cause under reporting. The inside of the rain collector is equally well designed, keeping intact the carefully engineered interior walls that reduce splash out during high rain conditions. The debris screen locks into place, ensuring that it remains in place during high winds and heavy rainfall events. Features tipping spoon technology that increases accuracy and precision for measuring rainfall. The new spoon increases the accuracy from ±4% to ±3%.
As a replacement rain gauge it is compatible with the following:
- Vantage Pro2 Weather Stations: 6152, 6152C, 6153, 6162, 6162C & 6163
- Vantage Pro2 Sensor Suites: 6322, 6322C, 6323, 6327, 6327C & 6328
As a stand-alone custom rain station you’ll need one of the following configurations (additional purchase required):
- Configuration with display console: Sensor Transmitter and a Vantage Vue or Vantage Pro2 console.
- Configuration with online (cloud) viewing: Sensor Transmitter and a WeatherLink Live hub.
- Rainfall range:
- Daily Rainfall: 0.00″ to 99.99″
- Total Rainfall: 0.00″ to 199.99″
- Rain increments: 0.01″
- Tipping spoon accuracy: ±0.3%
- Update Intervals: every 20 to 24 seconds
- Reports in inches
- 16 3.5″ bird spikes (optional)
- 40 ft cable
- Mounting hardware
- 9.25″ x 10.25″ x 11″