A Pre-EQ’d Kick Drum Sound for the Stage and Studio
The bass drum is a difficult instrument to get right. The Electro-Voice ND68 takes a lot of the guesswork out of the equation by giving you a pre-EQ’d sound, with plenty of heft and attack, for set-and-forget live sound and studio work – often without the need for additional EQ. The ND68’s supercardioid pickup provides good isolation to keep cymbals and stage amps from bleeding into your signal. A large-diaphragm element with a high 144dB SPL rating, powerful bass response, and a musical midrange contour helps your kick punch cleanly through the densest of mixes. And bonus: the ND68’s extended low end makes it a winner for upright bass and cello, Leslie cabs, and floor toms. If you’re looking for a kick drum/LF mic you don’t have to finesse, Sweetwater engineers agree that the Electro-Voice ND68 is a good place to start.
Electro-Voice ND68 Kick Drum Microphone Features:
- Large-diaphragm dynamic mic with huge bass and a contoured midrange
- Replacement to the N/D868
- Voiced for a radio-ready kick drum sound
- Also suits upright bass, low strings, deep percussion, and bass speaker cabs
- 20Hz-11kHz response only picks up what you need it to
- Supercardioid polar pattern keeps cymbals and stage amps out of your signal
- Humbucking coil resists EMF noise
Get a record-ready kick drum sound with the supercardioid Electro-Voice ND68!