The Midland WR400 Deluxe Weather Alert Radio with AM/FM Dual Alarm Clock continuously monitors the combined All Hazard National Weather Radio station transmissions broadcast around-the-clock from NWS offices across the United States. This radio network is the most immediate source for comprehensive weather and instantaneous emergency information, ensuring that you and your family are always informed about threats to your safety!
The automatic alert system of the WR400 All Hazards Weather Receiver is innovative. The monitor is automatically activated along with a loud tone, an LED light and an “alert” message on the LCD display whenever a severe weather or special emergency statement is broadcast. Those can include tornado, hurricane, flood, ice/snow storm, and other severe weather alerts as well as Amber Alerts, and emergency information about explosions, fires, hazardous chemical spills, and others.
Combined with the AM/FM clock radio, the WR400 is perfectly suited as a wake-up alarm next to your bed. And no worries about being awakened to hear of a problem many miles from your home that will not affect you. The Midland WR400 allows you to enter the S.A.M.E. (Specific Area Message Encoding) codes for counties in your local area, eliminating alerts that are not within the Specific Area you have programmed. For example, if you want to be informed about your county as well as neighboring counties, you can enter those codes. If you only want to be informed about alerts within your own county, enter just that county code. In addition, the Midland WR400 allows you to program the radio to silence selected event codes to minimize annoyance.
- Frequency Range: AM: 520-1710 kHz, FM: 87.5-108.5 MHz, VHF: 162.40, 162.425, 162.45, 162.475, 162.50, 162.525, 162.55 MHz
- SAME code setting: 25 independent settings
- RF reception range: 50 miles (64 km)
- 20 dB Quieting Sensitivity: 0.5 uV
- FIPS Code Sensitivity at 5kHz Dev: 0.5uV
- Channel Selectivity: ±25kHz, 60dB
- Power Output at 10%THD: 250 mW max
- Input Voltage: 9-14 Volts DC
- Power requirements: AC Adapter (included) and 4 AA alkaline or Lithium batteries for backup power
- 7.0″ x 2.2″ x 5.5″ (178mm x 56mm x 140mm)